We're here to help and we try and make the process of making a flag for you as interesting and un-nerdy as possible. We give no nonsense advice and no obligation quotes and we will do whatever we can to answer all your questions and help you realise your flag.
Comparing stitched and printed format flags
Sometimes a printed flag can be more fit for purpose than a stitched flag.
The stitched flag format (please note other flagmakers describe this as 'hand sewn' implying a needle and thread process but in truth this means stitching pieces of fabric together using an industrial sewing machine) is the historically traditional way of producing a flag. We make our traditional stitched and appliqued flags using UK Ministry of Defence approved 155gsm woven flag material - a fabric that offers the best possible durability and the preferred option used by the British armed forces on land and at sea.
We dye sublimate our printed flags using strong knit polyester flag fabric on state-of-the-art textile print systems here in the UK. This fabric has strength and durability is a knit format polyester (rather than woven as per the MOD woven polyester) and although more opaque in density is a great choice for clients looking for a good quality and great value for money flag. Please note this is not the same fabric as used in 'economy flags', disposable flags, lightweight flimsy flags - which we don't make.
Each flag is finished with a strong off white canvas, sewn in halyard (rope) with a top loop and ash toggle and a tail of additional rope to tie to your flagpole halyard as standard (other options available). The three remaining sides of the flag are double hemmed for extra durability and triple hemmed on the fly end (antifray options also available).
Things to consider when planning your printed flag
* the prices listed are for the print size of your flag, regardless of content - that means you can have as much or as little in the design as you want and the price stays the same
* the format of our printed flags is the standard single layer, print through, mirror image on reverse, fully hemmed with canvas rope and toggle sewn in ready to fly
* If you'd prefer a D ring or sewn eyelets supplied with your flag instead of the rope and toggle, please let us know when you place your order and we will adjust your order accordingly (no change in price.
* If you can't find the size of flag you're looking for on this list then please email or call us and we'd be happy to give you a no obligation quote.
* Fabric is 1500mm wide so please remember that if you order a flag wider that 5ft or 1500m on the shortest side then your flag will be stitched in strips and sewn as panels to the finished size.
* We have big print format capacity so there's rarely a limit on the size of flag in print format.
* If you'd like an Inglefield clip or antifray sewn into your flag, please select these through the search bar and add a note at the checkout telling us that you'd like to have this done. The price to have these extra options will be included in your total at the checkout but if you forget to add them, please get in touch with us and we will send you a Paypal click to pay invoice to cover the balance.
* Bulk orders are discounted (price on application)
* Flags are finished with canvas rope and toggle as standard and supplied in this format unless otherwise requested at point of order.
* We make every size, every design, every shape and finish imaginable. We don't have a 'production line' which makes every day different from the last and to the next and we rarely make the same thing twice in a week or a month, except for the ever popular Union and Welsh Dragon flags and other generic national flags of course!
* We have an art and design service which you may want to read about (see ARTWORK GUIDELINES in the footer of this website).
* And finally, the highlighted flag sizes and prices on our list are the most requested.
*Fully printed custom flags flying outside the Red Dragon Flagmakers factory, Clydach
The fabric we use is strong and durable and will last longer with use than the cheaper alternatives. Our flags are printed using the print sublimation technique - which means that the inks are pressed and melted into the fibres with a 98% reverse flag show through not printed to the surface and easily worn away.
There is no minimum order and we print every day. We do our level best to get orders out in a matter of days. Please do tell us if your order is time critical and we will see what we can do to help.
*Prices correct as at December 2020
Economy (cheap) flags
We don't make or supply economy or cheap flags.
We recommend CAUTION when purchasing off the shelf flags from an online retailer. Many flag retailers import their printed flags to sell on to the customer at a premium and invariably the fabric those flags are made of is the economy (cheap) sheet nylon.